A full night of sleep. Waking up feeling well-rested and restored. Listening to Hillsong's Ocean on repeat this morning as I prepared for the day. Hearts full of laughter at camp today. Laughing to keep from crying, when my campers were losing their minds and so was I. A great tutoring session with Tyler. Stopping by Mamma's house and her sharing that she had ordered pizza for dinner. Eating three slices of pizza for dinner, while basking in the company of my mother and sister. Being quiet for once ... and listening to my sister share news about her day. Listening to my momma share news about her day. Listening to both my sister and momma share news.
I forgot how nice it is to have company in the evening. Even better, I forget how refreshing it is to stop talking sometimes and listen. To listen to those around you speak and share insights about their lives. To hear about how others are doing and to take an interest. To think about someone other than yourself.
My soul feels peace tonight and I feel blessed. I am grateful for the good in today and the simple things that gave my heart such joy. Here's to the happy people and finding something to smile about everyday.
There is nothing better than waking up fully rested!
ReplyDelete