A quote so raw and true. A quote that I discovered while reading one of Mandy Hale's books and thought to myself, "This is literally the story of my present day life." A quote that has given me encouragement. A quote that has served as a reminder so many sleepless nights. A quote that resonates with my soul. My twenty-five year old soul. However, as I prepare to enter my twenty-sixth year of my life ... I think it's time for a new blog title and a new subtitle.
As it would be and should be, Mandy Hale recently took to her blog with a new outlook on her life. And as it would and/or should be, her words resonated with my soul once again. Mandy wrote, "I am no longer where I’ve been. I am not yet where I’m going. I am somewhere in-between; not still the caterpillar but not yet the butterfly. I’m in the becoming…and I’m starting to see that in some ways, the becoming is even better than the being. It’s where the change happens. It’s where the bravery happens. It’s where the magic happens..."
I am certainly no longer where I once stood. I look back on the past year and see how much my life ... my thoughts ... my beliefs ... my friends ... everything has changed. I then think about my dreams and aspirations ... and I am humbled to think I am not yet where I am going. I am not really sure what this in between space is, or for how long I have to remain here. But I am here somewhere in the middle nonetheless. Not quite a caterpillar and not quite a butterfly. But I am changing. I am becoming something that God intends for me to be. I am discovering who this person is ... who this person is supposed to be. And that takes a hell of a lot of faith, trust and bravery.
So here is my reminder to myself that the magic is about to happen. I have quietly been struggling the past couple of days. Change is hard. Letting go is hard. Moving on is hard. But I am so proud of myself and how far I have come. I am keeping the faith that this test is not the end of me ... but the beginning of something new. The start of a new chapter in my life. It will be something beautiful. I am someone beautiful. I am in the most transformative time of my life ... and I need to trust in the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment