However the moment that truly filled my soul with joy today, was an impromptu happy hour with two old friends. We literally sat in the restaurant for over three hours and conversation never dulled ... not even for a minute. We shared our joys, our fears and some of our tears. We laughed and reminisced. We spoke of our families and our hopes and dreams for the next ten years. We complimented one another on the qualities we admire the most about each of us. We ate delicious food and drank delicious drinks.
My heart feels whole. It was refreshing to sit in their company. It felt like home feeling their sincerity and warmth. I felt joy ... thinking that our friendships have come full circle.
It was not too long ago that one of these old friends and I had a falling out. And things were not right between us for quite some time. Today, I rejoice in the beauty of time. Time certainly changes things. Time definitely heals all wounds. Most importantly, it takes a long time to grow an old friend.
I cherished my get together with these two ladies. My soul feels happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment