The upside is our most difficult camper was absent today, so the campers were better behaved. I had a lovely conversation with one of the parents and her genuine thanks and appreciation for all we've done for her son this summer warmed my spirit. A parking lot conversation with Kelly also made me happy - I adore this girl and I will miss working with her next summer.
I went to dinner with Caitlin ... and boy did I feel feisty/snappy. I wanted to say something rude or snarky or just plain mean to everything she said. I felt aggressive and the need to talk louder/get the last word in. I have felt this way here and there lately with a few of my friends. I am not sure where this feeling comes from, but I do not like it. I want for it to stop.
The upside is I enjoyed a beer and the cool breeze as we dined on the patio at bdubbs.
I have been feeling frustrated ... burnt out even ... with my current summer job. The thought of teaching another year fills me with anxiety. I am worried that I will loose interest in my job or slack off. That I will not be an effective teacher or give this job my all. I know that's me being melodramatic ... but these are truly fears. My passion for teaching is ZONKED right now and I do not know how to get my groove ... that fire ... back. Hopefully I can find my fire before the 18th (when I report back to school).
Here's to a fresh start tomorrow and remembering to count my blessings because life is always beautiful.

No comments:
Post a Comment