The older I get, the more I feel like I have less and less true friends. In my high school years and during college, I felt like I had the LARGEST circle of friends. Heck - I had multiple circles for whatever the occasion. The older "we" get <and the busier> the less time "we" really have time to check in and connect with people. Furthermore, its sometimes becomes harder to pick up where you last left off with someone. I have a handful - literally five or less - friends with whom I can pick up and feel like nothing has ever changed.
Unexpectedly, Caitlin has become one of these friends. She was the most unexpected friend to gain ... looking back to the day I first met her in the halls of RMES, I never would've guessed we would become as close as we have. Nevertheless, I am grateful for her friendship and the crazy energy and understanding she brings to my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment