7.12.2014

The Happy Thirty - Day Eleven

Tonight I went on a date. We met halfway in Napptown and walked through the streets. Then we found a little mom and pop diner and enjoyed the BEST crab cakes I have EVER eaten. After dinner, we walked around Napptown and eventually ended up sitting on the dock watching the sun set and the moon rise. Conversation continued the entire night. The gentleman brought me flowers and paid for dinner. He also paid for an ice cream and a Slurpee. He insisted on walking closest to the road, in efforts to keep me safe from harm. He held open each door. The date was pretty darn great for a first date - one of the best I have ever been on.

I am happy tonight for the beautiful flowers. I am happy because I was able to sit in one of my favorite towns, in one of my favorite spots, doing one of my favorite things - watching the sunset over the horizon. I am happy because I felt the wind in my hair and a cool breeze rise off the bay. I am happy because my faith in humanity is restored. There are some great guys out there. I am happy because the weather was fantastic and the thunderstorms rolled over and I was in my favorite - did I mention favorite - city.

It was a darn good day. And for that, I am grateful.




1 comment: