Today - Monday - I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I was surely a grouch. A call from my grandfather lifted my spirits. He was so upset about this fraud/identity theft and made sure to tell me so. That warmed my heart ... seeing the words "Granddaddy Calling..." on my iPhone screen. If I have written about them once, I have written about them a thousand times. However ... my coworkers made me the happiest today. I feel so blessed and fortunate to work with such an amazing group of women. I do not know how I got so lucky ... but I feel like I am queen of the world with these girls by my side.
We laughed and giggled ... celebrated and cried together today. These girls make my summer job absolutely worth every heartache. I wish I could work with them year round - because that would make coming into work something I look forward to every day. This afternoon, Momma accompanied me to the bank to see if I could get a handle on all of this fraudulent activity. The lady who helped us literally was an Angel. That warmed my heart and made me happy. Mom's company and support made me happy. And to complete my day, she invited me over for another home cooked meal - that was fantastic. Today has been a good day.
When I first started this happy thirty blogging business, I felt like coming up with something that made me happy each day was nearly impossible. I really had to dig through my thoughts <and day> to pinpoint an event, person or moment that brought joy to my soul. It's truly amazing how easy it's become now, as I hit the halfway mark of July. I feel a difference in my step and my aura ... I feel so positive and upbeat, regardless of what life has been throwing my way lately. I feel more like myself ... the self I thought I had lost. It's not to say everything in my life is perfect, because things are soo far from that, but I just feel different.
I feel happier ... I am truly happier. And this is a feeling I could get used to.

No comments:
Post a Comment