Let me tell you that I am so THANKFUL that I did! I was down and out for an entire 24 hours. They were the worst 24 hours of my life! I was in so much pain and could not even get out of bed. I was in and out of sleep, only sleeping when the pain was tolerable. I called my best friend - and lucky for me - she was off work. I begged her to go to Safeway and to pick up ginger ale, pepto bismol and saltine crackers. I am so thankful for a friend who was willing to go pick these things up for me AND to drive 20 minutes to drop them off. There was no way I would've made it to the store on my own.
I am thankful for a day to rest. Even though it was not a peaceful rest, it was a needed break. My body was obviously telling me to take a time out and to take care of myself. I am thankful that I am FINALLY feeling better today. I was only able to eat four saltines and drink one glass of ginger ale yesterday. Yes - my stomach situation was THAT BAD.
I am not sure if I had the stomach flu or a virus. But I am so thankful for my decision to call out for the day. My students did not need to be exposed to those germs or to witness their beloved teacher die a slow, painful death. Ha!
Today I attended a conference on techniques and strategies to use with students with Down syndrome.
I learned about some neat strategies to use with these kiddos and my other students with special needs. The conference was TOTALLY worth sitting from 8 to 5pm on a Saturday.
Tonight I look forward to spending some quality time with my sissy. We plan on watching a movie and hanging out. I am taking it easy for the remainder of this weekend. My body has been through enough. What are you thankful for today?


I know so many people that have gotten a stomach virus lately. I hope you are feeling 100% better!
ReplyDelete