11.15.2012

Thankful Again! 12, 13...

On Wednesday, I was thankful for ...
Me and Alison
  • An unexpected phone call with an old friend. Alison and I talked on the phone for over an hour on Wednesday night. At first the conversation was awkward - as I have not seen her in a long while. But after ten or so minutes, we picked up right where we left off. I miss our college days at TU together. However I am so grateful that I can still consider her one of my dear friends. 
  • The compliment, "I often forget you are a third year teacher. Teaching comes so naturally to you." Wow! I had a wonderful post conference observation with my assistant principal. I love her constructive criticism, feedback and support. She is a fantastic leader. 

On Thursday, I was thankful for ...
Me and Katie on St. Pat's!
  • Life gets so busy when you're an adult. Wait - did I just admit that I am an adult? It's so easy to go weeks, even months without talking to dear friends. I have not seen Katie since my housewarming party in July. We made several attempts to get together, but it took us FOUR MONTHS to finally meet up for dinner. It was long awaited for and lovely. We dined on burgers at Red Robin and caught up on all the insignificant nothings that currently comprise our lives. 
  • A phone call from my best friend Kitty - we made plans to hang out this weekend. 
  • A phone call with my mother - she is truly the most wonderful individual I know. I shared a lot of my frustrations [with work] and she just listened patiently and tenderly like mothers do. 

4 comments:

  1. I miss conversations with my Mom. They sure are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The taking forever to get to hang out with friends gets worse when kids come along. Love my kids, but I sure miss my bestie too! Congrats on the compliment on your teaching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a conversation last night with my gf about how we are actually adults now ... with adult responsibilities. I can only imagine how much our lives will change as we begin to settle down and start our families. Thank You - It's always reassuring to hear your administrator praise the way you teach. Sometimes - I am sure like raising children - you have to wonder are you doing the right thing or making the right decisions. Some positive words always help!

      Delete