11.07.2012

Giving Thanks: Days Four & Five

Oh boy do I have a LOT to be thankful for! Yesterday, I was able to sleep in late (thank you Election Day) and wake up slowly. One of my best friends's from high school is in town for a few days. So we went out to lunch at Tara Thai.

I am so thankful for his company. All of the laughs we had - I mean we literally laughed for four hours straight. I am thankful for the delicious pad Thai I dined on and for the pumpkin spice latte that I followed up the meal with. I am thankful that after all of these years - and all of this time - that we were able to pick up right where we had left off. I am thankful that he is still the ML I adore and love. I tell you, there is nothing greater than an old friend.


I am thankful for an EXCELLENT Pilates workout with some of my favorite inspirational ladies. It felt so good to tone up and see their smiling faces. I am thankful for the hot meal at my parent's house afterwards and for the company of my mom and sister while there.

I am also so thankful for Barack Obama's win! To God be the glory ... I was so incredibly nervous about this election. Watching the results roll in steadily was enough to give me a heart attack. But it was God's will that Barack be granted another four years in office. My prayer now is that Americans - red and blue - will come together to help this country continue to get back on its feet. That Americans will stop standing divided, and start standing united.

Today I am thankful for my job. I absolutely love the challenges and joys of being a special education teacher. I am thankful for my administration and for four IEP meetings that went well today. I am grateful for the gift of writing and the gift of gab. For having the opportunity to meet and touch base with several of my student's parents today.

I am thankful for having a membership at a gym and for the food I was able to eat today. For having a car to drive - even if she's a piece of junk - and a warm home to go to later tonight. I am thankful for the love of my family and the text messages I received today. That means that someone was thinking about me today.

Thank you Jesus for all the blessings you bestow upon me. I am truly blessed and it's so uplifting to stop everyday and think about all of the good God is doing in my life.

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

  1. I'd be thankful for thai and a pumpkin spice latte too! Great post!


    I found your blog on the GFC link up! Glad I did. I am a new follower of yours via GFC.

    Tiffany
    http://thedwellingtree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Tiffany! So happy to have you as a new follower :) I just reread my post ... gosh so many typos! I have to thank my iphone for that haha But glad you enjoyed it! xo

    ReplyDelete