11.13.2012

Turning a Life Around [Giving Thanks:11]

Are you tired yet of my giving thanks posts? This has been the MOST positive thing I have done all year. However, I would be lying if I said I am not bored yet of these posts. But I made a commitment to give thanks for thirty days, and - gosh darn it - I am going to stick to it.

Today I am thankful for a lesson observation that went well [or so I think...]. My administrator seemed pleased with the lesson and my students did their finest. I am anxious to hear what feedback my administrator has to give me tomorrow. And to find out whether or not I had a successful or "passing" observation. I am prayerful that the lesson went well overall; and that my assistant principal has helpful feedback that will help me become a better teacher.

I am also thankful for ANOTHER lovely compliment I received today. In fact ... that makes me think about my post from yesterday. I had received a compliment yesterday morning at the dentist. And this morning I received a compliment from a parent. Good things always come in 3's ... so I wonder if something is in store for me tomorrow as well? 

I digress ... So a parent of a student I taught last year, stopped me today in the hallway to say she sees me everyday at home. She explained that her daughter has a picture of her and I hanging at the foot of her bed, that was taken on the last day of school. The mother shared that I have made such a positive impact on the life of her child, and the picture is a reminder of that every day. This compliment is so powerful - and more importantly - a statement about how our actions and words have the potential to turn a life around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment