11.19.2012

Thankful. Day 17.


Despite a not so good day ... I couldn't help but smile at a couple of things. These things are what I will be thankful for today.

  1. One of my students proudly shared this morning that he drew a picture of me without any clothes on. I responded, "Oh!?" To which he innocently said - "I couldn't decide which outfit looked best on you." All I could do was turn my head and chuckle ... no words.
  2. Another student - when doing a creative writing about a turkey - thought aloud: "Oh! I could write about a turkey that liked to shake his tail feathers at parties ... and he'd drink wine to get loose." What types of parties has she been a part of? She's seven ... I thought seven year olds went to chuckie cheese for a good time hahaha. My response to her however was: "Or how about you write about a turkey who likes to dance on the farm dance floor?"
  3. I had wonderful conversation with my hair dresser tonight. As she washed and blow dried my hair, we talked about treating everyone the way you would like to be treated because you never know when you will be "entertaining angels." We also talked about loving others unconditionally, through the good times and bad times. Miss Brenda said, "After all ... you want to teach the little ones to love unconditionally too. To never throw the towel in when the going gets tough in any type of relationship." Wow! What a powerful statement. 
My vent session in the earlier entry today really cleared my head and relieved buckets of stress. Once that heavy load was off of my chest, I begin to feel better and remember the good that occurred today. I am not sure why I am having this struggle within the workplace this year. But I am sure that God has placed me back on the potter's wheel ... he's saying, "Christina, I am not yet finished with you." And I am going to pray that I can let go of the wheel, and let God direct my steps. He obviously has a plan for my life - one greater than I could ever imagine. And I need to let God's will be done. At the very least, I will be wiser and stronger this time next year because let's be real - what doesn't kill us makes us strong. And you grow through what you go through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment