11.04.2012

Clean Eating: Take One

Every year, I make a new years resolution to go to the gym more frequently and watch what I eat. I generally have success with this resolution from January until about mid April/Beg May. I typically drop pounds, tone up and feel great! Then the summer comes - and I hardly eat as I like to prance around in bikinis and it's too hot to eat a heavy meal.

Then September comes around and I look GREAT as I stress about getting back into the groove of a new school year. Then October hits and like clock work, I gain 5 lbs from drinking way too much (I thank my students for that) and eating way too many sweets (this time I thank my coworkers). I feel terrible about myself and usually become a lump. I hate to workout, so I eat more. I hate the way I look and feel. So you've guessed it, I eat more. Then the holidays roll around ... and the eating continues.

Until January 1st, when I resolve to change my eating habits.

I need to save money - I live on my own now and my hard earned and quickly spent money surely does not grow on trees. So I really want to try to limit my eating out AND increase my eating of nutrient dense foods. Also - I am feeling fat. I have love handles and blubber. My clothes aren't fitting quite the same way and I feel tired all the time. So there could be no better time to make a healthy and honest attempt at changing my habits.

I vow to try to workout more than once a week ... so here is my plan:

Monday - Kickboxing
Tuesday - Pilate's
Thursday - Weight Lift
Sunday - Weight Lift

I also vow to try to eat cleaner. Clean eating is something a friend of mine swears by - she feels better and looks great! It's not so much a diet as a life style change. I know for a fact I will have a struggle with this - I just love sweets, treats and drinks too much. But I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of being a blob.

I am currently writing out my grocery list ... and I hope I can handle only putting nutrient dense foods into my shopping cart. Here goes take one at clean eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment