I challenged myself to writing a post in which I state what I am thankful for, every day, during the month of November. I have absolutely love it too! I am generally an upbeat, positive person. But goodness, sometimes life can get me down and make me a little negative. So these posts have helped me to not only reflect on the positive things that happen in my life each day, but to also give God the glory for the blessings he gives all day long.
With all of this being said, today I am thankful for:
- a hot shower first thing in the AM
- my morning face wash - the tingly sensation helps me wake up (because let's be real, I am NOT a morning person)
- a cup of coffee on my way to work
- my students - I absolutely love teaching and the best part of my day is being with the kids
- working out - even if it was only for 20 minutes
- gLee - it's my favorite television show and the original cast was back tonight!
In other news ... there are less than two weeks until I am at the beach with my whole family for Thanksgiving. I look forward to this trip EVERY YEAR! I come from a LARGE family and I absolutely love fellow shipping with them. We all come together at a beach house in Delaware and celebrate Thanksgiving.
Some of my cousins and I with our Grandfather last year
Our Dads (the Son-in-Laws), Cousins and our Grandfather
It's fun to get away from Maryland and to take advantage of the black Friday deals [and no tax!]. This will be our last year heading up to the beach house. We've been heading there for turkey day since I was in sixth grade ... almost fourteen years ago. Crazy to think that this has become such a tradition - and that it will soon be a tradition no more. I will savor every moment of the trip - when the time is upon us.
All of the grandchildren - minus two - on my Mother's side of the family
Our Dads (the Son-in-Laws), Cousins and our Grandfather
It's fun to get away from Maryland and to take advantage of the black Friday deals [and no tax!]. This will be our last year heading up to the beach house. We've been heading there for turkey day since I was in sixth grade ... almost fourteen years ago. Crazy to think that this has become such a tradition - and that it will soon be a tradition no more. I will savor every moment of the trip - when the time is upon us.
Anyhow ... I have to be bright eyed for my students tomorrow. Good night and I hope you took the time to stop and give thanks for something in your life today! Xo
I'm a new follower from the hop!! I look forward to following your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteJen @ kyleandjensmith.blogspot.com
The Adventures of our Army Life
Yay! I love getting new followers - welcome to my blog :) Xo
ReplyDelete