11.04.2012

Just Because ...

I am not one to get into political discussions ... I've watched several friendships disband over disagreements about politics. I have many friends - some Republican and some Democrats - and we get along wonderfully because we choose to keep our conversations [and opinions] about politics to a minimum. I came across this posting tonight, however, and I thought it was thought - provoking. Please do not get upset about this post ... or unfollow me for it. I promise - this will be one of the first and last times you will EVER see me post about something of htis nature. As a person who identifies as African American, whose ancestors are black ... this post touched my heart strings. I am not sure who will be in office come Wednesday ... but let God's will be done either way.
Just Because He’s Black (author unknown) 
A white man asked his black friend “Are you going to vote for Barack Obama just because he’s black?” The black man responded by saying, “Why not? In this country men are pulled over every day just because they are black; passed over for promotions just because they are black; considered to be criminals just because they are black. Thousands of white voters won’t be voting for him just because he’s black!
However, you don’t seem to have a problem with that! This country was built with the sweat and whip of the black slaves’ back; and now a black man has a chance to lead the same country where we weren’t even considered people, where we weren’t allowed to be educated, drink from the same fountains, eat in the same restaurants, or even vote.
So I am going to vote for him!
But it’s not just because he’s black, but because through his leadership, several of America’s elusive enemies were brought to justice; several of our citizens rescued from peril; our economy, health and environment improved; and our good reputation around the world has been restored.
He is hope. He is change. He is wise. He’s a man of integrity and intelligence. He is a man of faith and perseverance. A man of maturity and good judgment. He is a faithful husband and father. And he now allows me to understand when my grandchildren say they want to be President when they grow up, it’s not a fairy tale, but a short term goal. They now see, understand, and know what they can achieve, withstand, and do anything just because they are black!

2 comments:

  1. Newest follower from The Things We Find Inside blog hop - follow back if you like moetalksalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love getting new followers! Welcome to my blog and I will definitely follow back yours too :o)

    ReplyDelete