Is it possible to hit rock bottom, but keep falling? That may be the simplest explanation of work currently. But on a positive note, my day ended in the company of old friends.
Some of my high school buddies and I met up for dinner around 6:30pm, and did not leave the restaurant until 9:30.
We laughed and giggled. We gossiped about fellow SV alum and shared news about our life's happenings. We discussed politics and faith and race ... and ISIS ... and Ebola ... and old cartoons (Doug, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life...) and anything else in between.
And although we all did not see eye to eye on every single topic, and although we all come from different walks of life ... the conversation was good and it warmed my soul.
Some of my high school buddies and I met up for dinner around 6:30pm, and did not leave the restaurant until 9:30.
We laughed and giggled. We gossiped about fellow SV alum and shared news about our life's happenings. We discussed politics and faith and race ... and ISIS ... and Ebola ... and old cartoons (Doug, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life...) and anything else in between.
And although we all did not see eye to eye on every single topic, and although we all come from different walks of life ... the conversation was good and it warmed my soul.
It's a tough thing to do ... to grow an old friend. Someone who knew you before you were the you that you are now. Someone who has seen you at your very best and your very worst, and continued to love you through it all anyway. And I feel lucky to have four friends <with whom I see maybe once every three or four months> be exactly that ... an old friend.
And although today was yet another terrible, no good day ... I am grateful for the people God has placed in my life. I am fortunate to know some wonderful people. Wonderful, bright, funny, intelligent people. Who can make me laugh and feel whole at the end of the day, even if it will be months before we pick up where we left off again.
Hugs friend! You are right though certain people are in our lives for a reason.
ReplyDelete