10.23.2014

The Happy Thirty: Fall Edition - Day Twenty One

Sleep does the body good. And so does a thermostat set for 65 degrees. I woke up feeling positively positive (and well rested). I had an interesting day to say the least, but again I tell you that there has been a change in me. A positive one. I am not sure what it is or why. But I feel lighter. Less stressed. Less worried. Less angry and upset. I have no clue what to attribute this to. But I am so grateful for how I have been feeling. It had been a long time since I felt this way ... and currently, I am trying to savor every moment. I do not want it to end.

This weekend my best friend said some things to me that angered me a little bit. But my key take away was that whenever doubting or negative thoughts creep into my head, I need to immediately think of something else. Something brighter and more positive. I have to actively retrain my brain to focus on the good and not the bad. I have to actively stop myself from going into pits of despair. The power of the mind. The power of now.

Today I had a few moments when I realized my thoughts were creeping back to that place. And I would stop on a dime and change it up. I would think about squirrels or my favorite Starbucks drink. I would inhale the brisk air or hum the tune of my favorite song. I am working hard guys to change. To regain control of my life and my emotions. It's a constant battle. An every day struggle. But I am trying my best!

This post was slightly raw ... for that I am sorry. But I leave you with this message:


1 comment:

  1. I have not been able to get a good nights rest lately, this hotel living is for the birds.

    ReplyDelete