10.12.2014

The Happy Thirty: Fall Edition - Day Seven, Eight, Nine & Ten

So I have been super busy the past couple of days ... however I have LOTS to be thankful for.

I am thankful for my second to last grad class on Thursday for EDUC 514. Next Thursday, I will have four more classes between me and the LAST year of graduate school. This program has been flying by - and I have matured so much as a leader in my school. I am beyond thankful for the opportunity to study educational leadership (for FREE) and to be another step closer to being a M. Ed. holder.

On Friday, I was thankful for a fun happy hour with two coworkers that I think very highly of. It was so nice to relax over beers and appetizers, giggling and laughing like little school girls over boys, workplace drama and our dreams for the future. Also - I am SUPER thankful for my kindergarten students. Although they are a tough group to teach - due to their age and all - it totally made my day to see their smiling faces and see their faces light up each time I entered the classroom.

On Saturday, I slept in until 12 noon (after falling asleep around ten o'clock the night before) - holy need for ZzzZZzz's! I woke up feeling refreshed and quickly dressed to go to brunch with an old friend from high school. It was so nice to catch up with Jenny and chat about our lives. We dined on delicious meals in a cozy little spot ... and did lots of clothes shopping afterwards, steadily chatting about our hopes, dreams and fears for the future.

I then met up with one of my best friends, Erica, for an evening of spontaneous fun! We made an impromptu visit to a psychic and then traveled down to a friend's house for a bonfire. At the bonfire, we nibbled on pizza, toasted marshmallows and drank some bud. We listened to an awesome spotify play list of 90s songs and played cards against humanity. It was a perfect Saturday evening with great people.

Today - Sunday - I slept in until around noon again. Then I decided to hike Sugarloaf Mountain with my momma and sister. We had so much fun hiking the mountain and breathing in the fresh air. After our midday hike, we enjoyed a yummy steak dinner this evening with asparagus and mashed potatoes.

I had a fantastic weekend and I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. Here's to a four day work week - and many more days of happiness!

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a great night of sleep! We ran a half marathon yesterday morning and fell asleep at 8:30 last night it was glorious!

    ReplyDelete