10.04.2014

The Happy Thirty: Fall Edition - Day One & Two

I was browsing through photographs on facebook last night, and realized there is such a natural beauty that illuminates from me in photos when I am truly happy. My eyes sing a song of happiness and my smile lures the onlooker deep into my soul. I was so incredibly happy and vibrant during the month of July ... and in honor of a new month ... my favorite month ... I think it's time to begin "The Happy 30" again.

So what is currently bringing happiness to my life?

Day One: Yesterday I spent the evening with Alison. We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Honey Pig Korean BBQ in Baltimore, and it was fantastic! This restaurant is a place I will definitely return to in the near future. I enjoyed spending time with her and reconnecting. We had lots of laughs and giggles together and I literally enjoyed every moment in her company. My heart smiled from the inside out as I drifted off to sleep last night in her guest bedroom. It was the perfect ending to a stressful week ... and I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to spend some time with her.

Day Two: This morning I woke up and drove five minutes down the road to visit my best friend Kat. We traveled to Starbucks for breakfast and enjoyed a pumpkin spice latte. It was so incredibly delicious and is my fourth or fifth latte of the season. We perused through Target looking for a new pair of jeans for Kitty and a leather jacket. Her engagement photos will be taken soon, and she needed a new outfit to rock for the pictures. We left Target to browse the racks of Old Navy, TJ Maxx and the Columbia Mall. The day was perfect - gorgeous fall weather and quality time with the one person I consider my soul mate. I am forever grateful for every moment spent in the company of Kat. She is an amazing friend and we never have a dull moment together.

This evening I am attending a fright fest of sorts with several friends. I look forward to screams, chills and giggles as we trek through the dark woods. Work has been so stressful lately ... so I think it's extremely important that I find reasons to smile each day and take a moment to count my blessings at the end of the day. Life is so good to me ... I just sometimes fail to recognize that. Here's to 30 days of Happiness and finding the good in every situation.

Happy October!


No comments:

Post a Comment