Today was wonderful nonetheless. Slept in until nine o'clock and the sun was finally shining. Took a nice warm shower and called up one of my girlfriend's. She was traveling to Harrisburg, PA today and needed a riding partner. I gratefully accepted the offer.
Two lessons learned about myself today:
1) I should NEVER, ever volunteer myself to work on my days off. That includes No School days and weekends. NEVER. Because let's be honest, I am at the point in my life where extra money just isn't worth getting out of bed on my day off. How's that for a life lesson? Crazy to think just last year ... I would've given up every moment of free time for a dollar. Now I'd rather enjoy the moment and see where the day takes me.
2) I am someone who LIVES for spontaneity. The more spontaneous, the more the adventure fills up my soul with happiness. So an impromptu trip to Harrisburg WAS in fact the very thing I needed today. It was not preplanned. It was decided last minute. I did not second guess or over think. I just did and enjoyed. And my friends, I think that is how I would like to continue living life. In the moment.
Anyhow, Cait and I ventured up to Harrisburg, making a pit stop at the Gettysburg Outlets. We found dark rinse skinny jeans for TWELVE dollars! YES - $12. No tax. How about that for spontaneity. All after I made fun of her for wanting to go into Aeropostale. I mean who are we kidding? We are twenty-somethings who are professionals. Twenty-something professionals DO NOT shop at Aeropostale. But we did it and it was glorious.
We then traveled to Harrisburg and scooped up her nephew, then to travel back down to Maryland. Her little buddy is staying down here for the weekend, for lots of fun filled activities. I will join back up with them both on Sunday for the Redskins game -- which should be a great time.
But today was good. My spirits feel higher. I feel happier. My stress levels are down. Taking a day off yesterday was the BEST decision I could have ever made. And having no school today was the icing on the cake. I am SO grateful for two days of rest. And I am hopeful that the rest of this weekend will be just as pleasant, uplifting and fulfilling. I hope if you're reading this, that you are having a fantastic day too! What made you happy today?
Sounds like a good day to me and you can't beat a $12 jean deal.
ReplyDelete