On Friday [Day 22] the highlight was witnessing a breath taking sunset. The air was cool and crisp and that view ... was unbelievable. It was like looking at God's canvas ... slowing turning into a masterpiece. I then had a great time with Cait at happy hour. We laughed and goofed off and talked about everything. Felt like old times and it was good.
Saturday [Day 23] I slept in and lounged around my house all day. Around 4pm, I met up with family to celebrate September/October/November birthdays. The entire family <<all fifteen of us>> went to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I dined on a delicious steak -- but it was not as tasty as the steaks my momma can whip up. What did happiness look like on Saturday to me? My younger brother, who was visiting from college for the weekend, shared that he finally felt like he was friends with my sister and I. He said he planned to make more time in the future to hang out with us. He felt like he was one of us ... like he belonged in our circle ... like we all could connect and relate. For a many of few words, that was the most meaningful and touching thing he has ever said. And I will cherish that dinner ... that moment ... forever.
Sunday [Day 24] I slept in again. Let me tell you something ... there is something to be said about sleeping in, in your own bed. I spent the day lounging around, again. Then I ventured to the the mall to do some window shopping. Followed by returning home to make a home cooked meal and to bake muffins. What a great, relaxing afternoon at home. I truly felt blessed this weekend relaxing in my own home. The weather - too - was divine.
Monday [Day 25] Happiness is a warm apple pie, baked by one of your kindergarten students. It is talking to you momma on the phone after a tough day. It's her encouragement and support ... her listening ear ... her reflection on where you've been and where you're going. It's knowing that mom will always understand. She always understands. Happiness is a phone call from your best friend. To feeling like everything is normal again. To confessing secrets and feeling relief. To knowing she is your other half. Your safe place. Your confidant. Your soul mate. To being thankful for God choosing HER to be in your life. To be your backbone, your strength.
It's been a crazy few days. And the new couple promise to be even crazier. But I am grateful for the good, the bad and the ugly. And when things get touch, I find solace in remembering, you had a bad day not a bad life. There is something to be thankful about every day. And for that in and of itself, I am thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment