Please join me in supporting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) by making a donation to my fundraising campaign for Man or Woman of the Year. I am part team Faith. Hope. Believe. working to raise as much as possible in a 10-week period.
I am doing this campaign in memory of my grandmother, Mary Jane Harris, who passed away from Leukemia when my father was a junior in high school. Although I never had the opportunity to meet her, her memory lives on in the hearts and stories of our family.
I am also doing this campaign to honor my grandfather, James Harris, who passed away from cancer when I was in third grade. I have only a few memories of him, but I am fond of each one. Grandaddy Harris was a warm and loving man, and I wish that I had more time to make more memories with and to learn from him.
I did not know it when I joined the campaign, however many LLS supported therapies not only help blood cancer patients, but are in clinical trials for patients with lung, brain, breast, pancreatic and prostate cancers. And LLS funded drugs like targeted therapies and immunotherapies are now saving thousands of lives every day.
And as you may already know, EVERYONE wins when cancer loses, and thanks to your support, my efforts will help fund the therapies and treatments that save lives, not someday but today.
Over the years, support from people like you has been responsible for the blood cancer advancements that have doubled, tripled, and in some cases quadrupled the survival rate for some blood cancers. We really are getting close to our goal of a world without blood cancers!
All donations are greatly appreciated and tax deductible. They'll not only support LLS research, but patient services, advocacy, public and professional education, and community services as well.
Please visit my Web site often and tell friends who would also like to donate! On behalf of blood cancer patients everywhere, thank you for your support!
http://www.mwoy.org/pages/nca/dcmetro15/cmharris
http://www.mwoy.org/pages/nca/dcmetro15/cmharris
No comments:
Post a Comment