When dating potentials do not work out, these women frown and say, "Awwwwwwwww..." AGAIN and give me lots of pep talks about things working out, and maybe this guy IS the one and I just have to give it some more time. What these overly caring and sincere [ha] women fail to realize though is ... I am NOT that upset over being single and/or failed dating potentials. Okay ... so maybe once a month I may be a little sulky ... but 99.8% of the time, I could care less.
I am NOT lonely. I get to go home and lay on my couch in my bra and underwear. I can eat a bowl of cereal for dinner. I can watch reruns of Real Housewives of New Jersey. I can curl up on the right side or spread out in the middle of my bed under my covers. I can not brush my teeth before bed and turn my tunes up really loud when showering, and sing at the top of my lungs. I can go out for drinks with girlfriends at 10pm on a Friday night or hit up the dance floor and show off my cool moves [without feeling guilty about who I am dancing with or what boyfriend I've left at home playing Grand Theft Auto 5].
I am not lonely ... and at times it REALLY bothers me that you INSIST that I may be LONELY.
So enough about my female companions. What about the male mind? What seems to be the BIGGEST misconception that men have about [my] love life? Hmm ... well I'd have to say the NUMBER ONE misconception is that I am interested in a one night stand or hook-up. That I need to *get some* and/or that I really want to *get some* with you. AAAAAH! Wrong answer. I am NOT looking for a hookup. In fact, I am HIGHLY offended that that is ALL that you thought of in regards to me. I am actually quite content in my current state ... and unless you take the time to get to know ME - my heart, my personality, my intellect - then I have no DESIRE to entertain you or your STUPID misconceptions about me.
What I have learned about being single is that this is the greatest opportunity I may ever have to get to really know myself. To learn what my greatest attributes are and to learn about my most flawed qualities. This is also my time in life to figure out what it is that I am looking for in a man - a husband - a partner for life. Being single and dating allows for me to say: Why yes! That is something that I'd like to find in my future mate or WHY NO! That is NOT what I am looking for in a mate.
So the next time someone insinuates that I am lonely or desperate (for lack of a better word), I want to tell them: You Are Wrong! I am enjoying this journey in life - the ups, the downs and everything else about it. I am grateful for the lessons I am learning about life and myself ... and I am keeping my dream alive that one day ... I may find the one who God has destined for me :o)
On a parting note ... a face book friend of mine posted this link this evening:
How to Find a Real Man: Who He is and Why He’s Worth the Wait
My charge for you - single friend reading this post - is to:
"Believe that waiting to find someone that will treat you the way you deserve to be treated is better than settling. So press forward with hope. And there is hope! Just be patient, broaden your horizons, remember the qualities that are most important, and you will attract the kind of man that will ultimately make you the happiest. It will be worth the wait."
#theSW30
Chriss Marie, love that you shared Travis's post from Striving Onward about finding a "Real Man!" Have you considered submitting a post for Striving Onward? We'd love to talk more! Email me (Find on StrivingOnward.com) if you are interested! Xx-Audrey (Managing Editor for Striving Onward)
ReplyDeleteI would LOVE to submit a post for striving onward!
Delete