10.13.2013

Single Behavior: Anything you do that is uniquely YOU

I am blessed to have lived alone for about a year and a half now :o) During this time, I have been as SINGLE as they come. I seldom have guys over here, and when I am home - I am often alone, alone, ALONE. Don't get me wrong ... I enjoy the peace and quiet of my own home! But I am pretty sure that there are some things I do <when no one is around> that are uniquely me.

For Example I...
  • Often enter my home, at the end of a long day, and strip down to my undies. I then put on my favorite pair of sweatpants and a big old t-shirt to frolic about my house in. These sweatpants are disgustingly old (from my days as a high school field hockey player) however I LOVE them and feel the most at home when I am in them.
  • Lie on my red couch for HOURS some nights/days surfing the Internet (and by Internet, I mean pinterest, face book, twitter, blogger and Gmail). The TV is generally always on, but I am not listening to the episode of Real Housewives that I missed last night. I zone out and get lost in cyberspace until I look up and realize I have done NOTHING for the past four hours, and then kick myself for not getting done the laundry list of things I needed to get done.
  • I will turn on my iPod nano that's docked on my iPod speakers thingy, and belt out songs that I have literally not heard since college (considering ... that was the LAST time I've probably used my nano). Some songs I will replay 5+ times, just to hear myself sing it again - because one I forgot how much I loved the song and two ... I think I sound amazing singing at the top of my lungs in my favorite sweatpants. 
  • I'll go a week without cleaning a thing in my house ... and then have the entire place cleaned top to bottom within twenty minutes before my guests come over :o) 

I am sure there are a million more things that I do ... and I just do not realize that I do them. It'll be interesting to hear from a future mate what it is that I do <and never noticed> when the time comes to move in together haha. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy my own space, my own place and the crazy things I am able to do behind my closed doors!

No comments:

Post a Comment