4.15.2013

life is what you make it

“This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.” ― Marilyn Monroe
I've been in a rut the past couple of weeks. You know ... one of those, help I've fallen and I cannot get up stages of your life. I feel like I am just going through the motions day to day. Following the same old boring routines. In fact, my life feels exactly like that lately: capital B O R I N G. When I participate in conversation with others I feel: boring. forty-nine percent of the time, I feel like I have no idea what direction I am headed in, what company I keep, or what it is that I really want out of this thing called life. What I do know is that I am clearly changing and so are the people around me. It's kind of scary to be honest. I literally can feel <and see> the shift in relationships, personalities, dreams, goals and lives around me. And there really is nothing I can do about it <or at least the changes I am not particularly crazy about.>

Yet I came across the quote above. Marilyn Monroe must have been something. Such a free spirit. A woman with a mind of her own. Anyhow, her words struck me as something beautiful and reassuring.

So I am going to do my best to shake off this funk I seem to have fallen into lately and remember: "Life is what you make it. Keep your head high, your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling because life is a beautiful thing and there is so much to smile about."


Oh yeah, and here's to the four remaining months until my twenty-fifth birthday! Did you notice the title of my blog changed slightly? I have no clue what I will do when I am actually 25 and need to come up with an entirely different name for this little baby! 

4 comments:

  1. Hugs! I fall into those funks too and it seems so hard to get out of them. Keep on going it will get better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following the light at the end of the tunnel girl :)

      Delete
  2. sisters DO make the best friends :) and cousins. No matter what happens with our friends at least we know we will always have each other!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very true! guess we are stuck like glue to one another for the long haul :o)

      Delete