About a month ago today... my health was in shambles. I was getting migraines too often. I was exhausted and sleeping the day away. I was miserable and depressed and angry and fighting to rediscover who I knew I was... who I wanted to be.
About five days later, I bared all to my then boyfriend. Laid it all on the line. I cried my eyes out stating I didn't feel loved, that it seemed as though this relationship was not going anywhere.
The weeks that have followed have been a roller coaster. I've had my ups and downs. Probably more downs than ups. But for the first time in a long time, it feels like I am finding myself again. That I feel like myself again.
I feel radiant. I feel beautiful. I feel happy. I feel like my mind is clear. I feel like my body is lighter and healthier. I haven't had a headache in weeks.
There are a million things I could attribute all of this to, but for now I just want to say, "Thank you Jesus." Don't get me wrong... I am still sad at certain times during each day. I have moments where I cry or feel a little down. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of my best friend and lover.
But then I walk past a mirror and realize... letting go of him and that toxic relationship was the best thing I could've ever done for myself in 2017.
And I look forward to seeing what the next couple of weeks/months have in store for me
🤗
❤️
And I look forward to seeing what the next couple of weeks/months have in store for me
No comments:
Post a Comment