Well ... maybe 2017.
Ive cried more than I have cried in a very long time. Ive felt calmer than I have in a very long time. Ive felt more at peace than I have in a very long time. I have been up and down and all around. But I am still standing. I am still breathing. I am still here.
As much as I hate this current season of life I am in, I guess a part of me also loves it. I love it in that I have learned a hell of a lot about myself. I have learned about how strong I am. How much I have to offer this world. I have learned what my deal breakers are. I have learned what I need to work on - what baggage and positivity I bring to a relationship.
It has been a period of extreme reflection. Difficult. Raw. Real. But ever so good.
Tonight as I sit behind this computer screen, I feel oddly at peace. At peace that I am growing and maturing. Peace that I am finding out who I am. Peace that I must go through this chapter to get to the next one. I am going to be okay.
Every once in a while, life has to throw us a plot twist. Thats were the growth lies. Thats where the development of character comes from. Cheers to growth and reflection. To becoming the person I am supposed to be. No one said the journey would be easy, but I know in the end ... it will be worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment