1.24.2013

Liebster Award :o)

I am so excited to have been nominated for the Liebster Award! It is an award given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. Thank you so much Patrice for nominating my blog! And if you're reading my blog for the first time, I hope you enjoy it! Leave me comments - I love to hear from my readers and to check out your blogs as well! XO



The Rules:
  • Share 11 facts about myself
  • Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
  • Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award
  • Create 11 questions for nominees to answer
  • Link back to the person who nominated you (so I'll be linking back to Patrice)

Now, to follow the rules...

11 Facts about Me  

  1. I am a third year special education teacher in Maryland.
  2. I am so passionate about teaching little ones and making a difference in their lives. 
  3. I am 24 years old. I'll be 25 in August.
  4. I am the oldest child of three (I have one younger sister and one younger brother)
  5. I love FOOTBALL :o) And currently love the Dallas Cowboys AND the Baltimore Ravens! 
  6. I come from a close knit family, and hope to give that to my own children one day.
  7. I love to travel - and hope to do more of it before I am old and married with kids.
  8. I am a HUGE Maroon 5 fan! I am going to their DC concert in April! 
  9. The beach is my safe haven. I want to move near the sand and waves one day.
  10. My favorite quote is: "The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. - by Dinesen, Isak."
  11. I want to be the mom of five kids one day. However, I have a low tolerance for pain - and no love interest - so I am not quite sure how this dream will play out.
Answers to Questions (Asked by Patrice):
  1. What is your favorite bible verse or quote? Phillipians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
  2. Are you what you wanted to be when your grow up? Since I was in first grade, I wanted to be a teacher. Wouldn't ya know that I have made that dream a sweet reality :)
  3. What is your favorite joke? This *may be sick* but I LOVE someecards.com. I find many of the cards hilarious, and my favorite - currently- is "I just replaced the can of air freshener in the office bathroom with an air horn. And now we wait..." I feel like this is a joke I would play on my friends!
  4. Ever had your heart broken? If so, how hold were you?I have, and it's something I hope to never experience again. I was 20 when my heart was broken by my first love. Yet, the agony and the pain from the heartbreak lasted with me until I was about 23.
  5. What was your favorite childhood toy or game?Barbies. Legos. Bike Riding. Roller Blading. Playing with the Neighborhood kids.
  6. Would you like to be buried or cremated? (I know, kind of morbid...)I would like to be cremated and to have my ashes spread over the Atlantic Ocean.
  7. When was the last time you volunteered? Oh gosh ... I cannot even remember. Perhaps high school when I was a girl scout.
  8. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Check my iPhone for text messages and emails. Then I hope into the shower so that I am actually awake.
  9. How did you come up with the name for your blog? I went through a *quarter life crisis* at least two times after graduating from college. I found an article about quarter life crisises and figured, it was a catchy plan on words to title my blog with. The year literally signifies how much time I have until I am 25 years old (or a quarter of a century old).
  10. Finish this sentence: I wish I could stop racism and bullying.
  11. Who haven't you told about your blog? EVERYONE! I am afraid to share my blog with friends and family ... I fear they'll think this is a silly hobby. 

Questions for my Nominees:
  1. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? 
  2. What are you passionate about?
  3. What advice would you get to the 16 year old you?
  4. What's your favorite quote? 
  5. Who is the most important/influential person in your life, and why?
  6. Do you think you could live a day without your cell phone?
  7. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  8. If you could get a tattoo, what would it be of?
  9. What's your astrological sign?
  10. Who is your favorite musical artist?
  11. Are you more of a kindle or an old fashioned book person?
Drum roll please for My Liebster Nominees:
  1. Two is Better Than One
  2. cuppa coffee confessions
  3. Life with Joys
  4. Success follows Happiness
  5. Empirical Day
  6. The Dwelling Tree
  7. Pynk Krush
  8. Prayers and Pearls
  9. Still Deeper
  10. The Satterlee Family
  11. Stories of Us

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on this award! :) I hope you are having a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Chriss! And thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nomination. I've been nominated before though so feel free to tag someone else as well? http://www.livelaughdecorate.com/2012/09/an-award-yes-yes-liebster-award-it-is.html
    Cheers to a great weekend. Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for nominating me :-)
      I accept, lol :-)
      -Chantal
      Www.stilldeeper.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. Hey, thanks for nominating me :-)
    I accept, lol :-)
    -Chantal
    Www.stilldeeper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks for nominating me! I've done the Liebster award tag already though :/ Not sure if I'm supposed to do it again. Either way, I'm grateful that you thought of me, and I'm glad I was introduced to your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There! Oh boo - I'll be sure to nominate someone else but I am glad you got to check out my blog! Keep doing what you do - I enjoy reading your entries :)

      Delete
  5. How sweet of you! Thank you so much! How did you find my blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure - may have been a year or so ago as I was browsing through other blogs. I see your posts every now and then and I think they're sweet! Hope you do not mind the nomination :o)

      Delete
  6. Yay! Glad you answered all of the questions. I LOVE that joke and totally got a visual that literally made me LOL.
    Heartbreak is a son-of-a-biscuit isn' it? I've had mine broken by the same person...TWICE! smh
    I too haven't told my really really close family (mom, dad, siblings) about my blog, but I do post on Facebook so word may have gotten around...
    Thanks for accepting the nom' and hope you garner more readers soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. loved your questions and glad you enjoyed reading some of my answers :) are you a follower of my blog now? :) I hope so!

      Delete
  7. I'm here from Kami's blog and love it already! Just wanted to say "Hi!" Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI THERE! :o) I always LOVE getting new followers! I am going to check out your blog and follow back too!! Happy almost Friday!

      Delete
  8. Thank you! Not at all, I'm working on my post now, thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay I posted mine! Thanks again :) http://maudsleyfamily.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete