1.08.2013

Best Seller [Life]

I have a new site or "blog" of sorts that I am following daily! Have any of you heard of the website entitled thesinglewoman.net? The author of this blog is fantastic! I feel like each post is speaking directly to me when I read it!

Today I stumbled across this little gem on her page:

"The Bible says “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” (Prov. 27.17) The people in your life aren’t there by accident. They’re there for a reason. To sharpen you. To polish you. At times, to break you down and then build you back up. Consider the fact that maybe you don’t know everything. Consider the fact that maybe that grain of sand in your life is there specifically to inspire you become a pearl. Then stop pushing everyone out of your life who challenges you and tests you and confronts you and realize that maybe, just maybe, they are the editors of your life."

I had a rough day today. My coworkers have been challenging me. My friends and family have been challenging me. Everyone has been getting under my skin to the point that I want to lock myself into a white padded room. However, I need to stop for a second and look at the beauty in this situation. God has placed this people - and annoyances or challenges - into my life to help shape me into the person he wants me to be. The individual that I am destined to be. Therefore I need to in fact stop pushing these people away and embrace them. I need to realize that maybe "they are the editors of my life." Of my "bestselling" life.

No comments:

Post a Comment