1.01.2013

Happy New Year!

I have been doing a lot of reflecting and soul-searching the past couple of days. I have been reevaluating my life and how I've chosen to live it the past year. I have been meditating on how I will choose to live it this year forward. There is so much that I would like to change about how I am living and who I am as a person, but I also know that "Rome was not built in a day."

More importantly, I NEED to work on my faith walk. I need to trust that all everything happens for a reason and that "...all things work together for the good of those who love God." (Romans 8:28)

I am one of those people who ALWAYS likes to be in control. I like to know what is coming my way. I like to have everything ALL planned out, and for all situations to occur accordingly. However, I am no fool to think that this is healthy and/or possible. Let's be real - nothing ever goes according to plan. I plan and God laughs. Literally.

So I am going to try my hardest to allow 2013 to be a different type of year. I need to trust that God is working behind the scenes in my life. I need to recognize that "each and every trial is an opportunity to trust Him more."

Jean-Pierre de Caussade said it well:  “You would be very ashamed if you knew what experiences you call setbacks, upheavals, pointless disturbances, and tedious annoyances really are. You would realize that your complaints about them are nothing more nor less than blasphemies—though that never occurs to you. Nothing happens to you except by the will of God, and yet beloved children curse it because they do not know it for what it is.” 

His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts higher than our thoughts (Isaiah 55:9).

So as we all go into the New Year, let us meditate and reflect on that. His ways are higher than our ways. His thoughts are higher than his thoughts. God's got a plan and he is in control. And all experiences that each and everyone of us go through this year, will work together for the good.

Happy New Year! Aim to put God first and to trust in him. Everything else will fall into place accordingly.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lady! Found your blog from quite the blog link up. Love what you wrote here. I am not big on resolutions but everyday I strive to be a better version of myself. And thanks for the reminder about Rome...have to remember that one for my own attempts at immediate change because old habits die hard.
    God bless you! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. forgot to leave my blog for ya!
      thelessonsandblessings.blogspot.com

      Blessings!

      Delete
    2. God Bless You! I love getting new follower's :o)

      I will check out your blog and follow you back! Happy New Year!!

      Delete