1.06.2013

"Facing Giants"

I have been worrying about all sorts of giants that I may face this year. Will I loose a loved one this year? Will I be able to continue to afford my house this year? Will I maintain friendships with those I admire deeply this year? Will my pay checks be short due to this social security 2% raise? What job will I work over the summer? How will I make ends meet? Will I be in graduate school this fall? And the silly thing is that, I should not worry about these things as God has a plan for my next year of life. A perfect plan that will strengthen me and teach me all the things that I need for the NEXT chapter in my life. But the key is to trust in him, that he is directing my steps and will give me what I need.

I was going through emails and came across this excerpt in one of them this evening ...

"We stand on the threshold of a new year – a new beginning. If you are like me, you face 2012 with mixed emotions. Personally, I am thrilled that I survived 2012! There were certainly moments when I wondered if I would survive at all. I am so excited about a fresh start, a brand new set of days overflowing with new dreams and unmarked possibilities. But I also know that this year is crammed full of the unknown as well as a giant or two.  And if I am brutally honest, I have to admit that the unknown fashions a pocket of fear in my heart where questions and doubts thrive.
The good news is that what lies ahead is no surprise to God. In fact, He has already been where we are going. That reason alone empowers us to face every tomorrow with hope, knowing that whatever touches us passes through His hands, with His permission. It is not God’s plan for us to dwell in fear or for fear to rule our lives.  He has already set in motion the defeat and fall of every giant that we will ever face. Our responsibility is to step through our fear, facing every giant in God’s power and with His promises. The Holy Spirit will guide the path of His truth to its destined mark, taking down the giants lurking in each tomorrow.
Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Determine right now to face each day with the memory of Goliath’s fall and trust in Almighty God, the Giant Killer. So then, my friend, I ask you, what is there to fear? Happy New Year!" - Girlfriends in God
Those were words I needed to hear and I am thankful for reading them. I am going to continue strengthening my faith walk and trusting in him ... because with him, what have I to fear?

Have a blessed week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment