1.18.2013

Friday Letters

Dear God,

Thank you for waking me up this morning and being with me throughout the day. Thank you for your traveling mercies to and from work, and for the opportunity to go out to dinner with a friend. Thank you for blessing me with a loving, supportive and encouraging mother. Thank you for being in control and your plan to take me to new heights. Although I am back on the "potter's wheel," thank you for your grace and mercy.

Dear Mom,

Thank you for always being there for me. For listening to me whine, complain and vent for forty minutes straight on the phone every night. For giving me hope in the unseen. For encouraging me to be my best. For loving me unconditionally. For believing in me, even when I do not believe in myself.

Dear Students,

I love each and every one of you more than you will ever know. It is truly a blessing to be able to enter the workplace and work with each of you every day. I promise to be a better teacher - to put your needs first, and to stand up for each of you. Thank you for enriching my life and bringing a smile to my face each and every day.

Dear Coworkers,

You all have taught me MORE lessons in five days, than I have learned in the past five months of this school year. Thank you for those lessons. Thank you for unknowingly helping me become stronger and wiser. Thank you for building my character. You may push me past my limits everyday, but I know that God has a bigger plan for you and for me.

Dear Parents of my Students,

Please know that I love your child. I want the very best for him/her and I am trying to meet their needs any way possible. Do not give up on me because I promise not to give up on your child.

Dear Weekend,

I look forward to you. I am ready to visit Baltimore and Washington, D.C. I cannot wait to reconnect with friends, family and sleep. Thank you for being four days long. I am grateful for this mini break and for you.

Dear Blog,

I am sorry I have neglected you. I have been crazy busy with IEP meetings at work and planning for the diverse needs of my students. I promise to visit you more regularly ... although that may not be every day like in the past.

Sincerely,

4 comments:

  1. The love you have for your students is awesome. I can only imagine what an amazing teacher you are. Those students are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! Teaching is my passion ... and the difference that I can make in these kids lives is what drives me to be the best teacher I can be :)

      Delete
  2. Hey lady! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can accept it Here: http://thelessonsandblessings.blogspot.com/2013/01/gotta-lotta-catching-up-to-do.html

    Cheers to you for promoting some good stuff in the blogging world and here's hoping that you get more followers!

    Patrice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited about this nomination! Thank you so much girl :)

      Delete