- My sense of humor. I am a quirky girl at times and my sense of humor is borderline immature. However if you truly know me, you know I love to laugh and joke around. I love telling funny stories about the things that happen to me on a daily basis and I love to be snarky - if the timing is appropriate. Regardless, I think some people do not realize that I have a great sense of humor - and I'd hope that they'd have an opportunity to appreciate it and remember me for it.
- My love of education. By education - I mean my love of teaching and growing as a learner. I feel so blessed to do the job that I do - teaching students with disabilities. I have wanted to do this job for so long [since I was in elementary school] and it's such a privilege and an honor to have the opportunity to touch the lives of these children everyday. My passion for teaching - and growing as a learner - is evident in how I speak about my kids and my work ethic. This is not a job that I take lightly, and I hope children look back one day and remember their teacher - Miss H - and the love I gave them, the lessons I taught them and the impact I made on them.
- My smile. It sounds silly - but I have been told that I have a smile that lights up the room. I'd like to think of this as being approachable and friendly - and that's something worth remembering if you ask me :)
- My positive attitude. I am a positive person 98% of the time. Okay ... so maybe I have exaggerated the truth. I'd say I am positive 90% of the time. I have my ups and downs ... and my OFF days, but for the most part, I look at the glass have full. Life is too short to focus on all of the negatives in life, and I use this energy to attack my battles in life full force.
- My love of family. I come from a HUGE family. My dad is one of twelve kids and my mother is one of five. My dad's family lives down south in North Carolina - so we do not get to see everyone very often. However when we do travel down there, it's literally a reunion. I am always so overjoyed to spend time with fellow H's! There is always lots of food, conversation, dancing and contests. It makes me so proud to be a member of this family and to reconnect with my cousins and aunts/uncles. My mother's family lives locally - maybe ten or fifteen minutes apart. Growing up, we all went to the same church and would attend my grandparent's house after service for a big Sunday lunch. We celebrate every holiday together - whether it be the 4th of July, Christmas, Thanksgiving or someones birthday. When I am not with the entire family on either side, I am frequently visiting my parent's house to have heart to heart conversations with my parents or to catch up with my younger sister and brother. Family is everything to me and I hope to have a big family of my own one day - and to instill these same values into my children.
- My love of photos. Back in the day, my digital camera was ALWAYS glued to my hand. I'd develop the photos and put them in frames and/or scrapbooks. Today, my iPhone is my best friend. I LOVE the camera on the phone and that I can immediately edit photos with instagram and then upload photos to twitter, facebook and shutterfly! I may be obnoxious when it comes time to photographs - but a picture is worth a thousands words :o)
- My love of being outdoors. I LOVE the outdoors - especially on a beautiful day. Sit me by the ocean waves on a beach or by the campfire in the forest ... and I am content. It is then that I feel complete. I love hiking and and having a picnic outdoors in the fresh air.
- My commitment and loyalty to my friends. I am shy by nature and so it takes me a while to truly let people into my heart/life. However, once you are in - YOU'RE IN! There will be nothing that I will not do for you in the time of need. Your company and friendship will be treasured to the tenth degree. Although this is a strength, it is also a weakness. I have the HARDEST time letting people go - it hurts me to no end when relationships end (whether romantic or friend). But I'd like to think this shows how much I love others and how loyal I am to someone I consider a friend.
- My love of Zumba [and dancing.] If I could be ANYTHING (or anyone) for a day - I'd hope to be either a Zumba dance instructor OR a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. I love to dance and shake my booty. I love being energetic and pumping to the beat. For sure - this is something that I WILL no doubt be remembered for.
- Myself. There is no other Chriss Marie - like me - out there. I have many wonderful qualities about me, and some not so good ones. But I am who I am ... and I try to be the best me that I can be everyday. I'd like to think my friends, family, coworkers, etc love me for exactly who I am. And that's something worth remembering me for.
10.30.2012
10 Things to be Remembered For
List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment