10.10.2012

Get A Grip Girl

I had an interesting day today. I cried a lot. Prayed a lot. Did self-talk a lot and Reflected a lot. I am at the beginning of my journey to find myself again - to become comfortable in my own skin, under these new and unfamiliar circumstances. I messaged one of my friends today for advice ... in a moment that I felt so frustrated and low. 

She said the following below: 
I get it everything around you is changing and you're having trouble making sense of everything. But at the end of the day you need to wake up and say, "I like Christina Harris" and acknowledge that you're happy with where you are and what you're doing in life. Because once you get to a certain age people are going to come and go. And that's okay. All of them serve a purpose in your life. What matters is that you're trying to make yourself a better person and you're doing what you enjoy. Everything else is just stuff. I just learned a very valuable lesson about saying, "No." And it has been liberating. Sometimes we have to go through things that suck or times where we don't feel ourselves in order to learn something. Isn't that what it's all about? Learning something new.    
Perhaps I need to really reflect on those words ... on what greater meaning they have when put together. I suppose the bottom line is this: I cannot control everything or everyone. Even if I do EVERYTHING right, things will still find a way to fall apart sometimes. I should not stress about anyone or anything that does not work out. There is no point in agonizing over it and having sleepless nights or emotional breakdowns.

I truly appreciate the advice my friend gave me. This journey will be by no means easy, but I am determined to get a grip. Would it be too much to say: I need to let go and let God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment