9.03.2012

One Year Ago Today ...

Yesterday I realized - it's been one year since I've last seen Sean. This time last year I was in Parris Island, SC watching him graduate from boot camp.




It is crazy how fast time flies - although it did not seem very fast looking back on it. It's also amazing to revisit where I was emotionally and mentally, twelve months ago. I am a different person and in a different place. But I am thankful for where I am at today. Going through it - I never thought I would ever find a place of happiness and peace again. Yet I have found it, and I value it so much more.

I hope Sean is doing well - stationed over in Japan - and that his life is bringing him lots of happiness with his new wife. I thought to myself just last evening, he will always hold a special place in my heart. He was my first love ... my first everything. What a special time in my life full of a variety of memories. But that season has passed, and now it's time to look to the present and live my life to the fullest. I mean after all ... maybe I'll be the one with a ring on my finger this time next year ;-p



Happy Labor Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment