9.30.2012

My Daddy ... A Cancer Survivor!

My father is a recent survivor of prostate cancer! He was diagnosed with cancer back in July of this summer and had surgery to get his prostate removed at the end of August. He has taken off of work since then for two months, to recover and heal. He has been an example of strength and an inspiration for us all. I am so grateful that the doctors caught the cancer in the early stages - prostate cancer took the life of my grandfather in 1996.

Today my dad is happy and healthy! My parents recently celebrated their 26th wedding anniversary - and I thank God every day for my father's health and for his commitment to and love for my mother and his children (myself included).

As a result ... I want to donate money to prostate cancer research. I came across this website which has trendy bracelets for $25. The money for the bracelets support research for a cure. When I am paid on Friday - I will be donating a portion of my pay check to the purchase of one of these bracelets! I cannot wait to wear it proudly - in honor of my father.


I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment