9.30.2012

Give Thanks

Came across this blog today ... and I think it will bless anyone who reads it. I was watching the TV show - 19 Kids and Counting - on TLC the other day when I heard Anna Duggar say something that made me stop dead in my tracks and reflect. She said something along the lines of give thanks during good times and bad times ... And I realized - I tend to moan and groan and whine and complain when hard times come my way. But what a difference it would make, if I stopped and praised God in the midst of my struggle or frustration for the blessing in store. For the experience. For the opportunity to grow and become a better person. For the lesson the struggle would teach me. And so I began to search for the exact quote Anna said ... and instead stumbled across this website instead.

“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-28

No comments:

Post a Comment