1.04.2015

Goodbye 2014. Hello 2015.

2014. What a year. One that went by incredibly fast. I think that this year was by far one of my best years (and one of my favorite years too). I grew so much as a woman. I learned so much about myself. What I want out of life. What I want for myself. I accomplished a lot professionally and personally. I had moments of heartbreak. I stumbled sometimes. But I certainly came out wiser, stronger and better than before. It's tradition for me to write a year in review post ... and this is it:

I declared that the following would be my New Year's Resolutions:
  1. Make Mistakes.
  2. Stop worrying about the unknown.
  3. Be Myself. Love Myself.
  4. LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST.
  5. Find balance with work, school, play.
  6. Do my best. That is enough.
  7. Stop trying to be perfect. I am right where I need to be.
  8. Let go and embrace learning on the way.



I opened up my heart. I took a risk in getting to know someone new.

I celebrated the pending arrival of my best friend's baby! I helped plan games for her baby shower - a first in my adult life chronicles. I went to a beer fest and got very, very drunk. I passed out in the bathroom - learning a lesson the hard way: do not taste 23+ beers in two hours.

I saw Justin Timberlake in concert with some of my favorite girls! My friend gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. I went to a psychic. Multiple times. And against my better judgement, I learned that when a good girl plays with fire, she will get burned.

I went to several baseball games with friends. We sun bathed in the sunshine. We danced in the rain. I went on a hike to Harper's Ferry. I played tourist, and explored the town. All alongside an old and very dear friend.

I enjoyed many many snow days in my humble abode. Each snow day was complete with wine and boxed brownies. No big deal.

I attended my first bridal shower. Heck - I helped throw it. We celebrated Alison and her pending nuptials to Dave. We [the bridal party] traveled to Atlantic City. We had a spectacular weekend at the casinos. We drank a lot. Danced a lot. Laughed a lot. AND snapped a lot of pictures.

I stood as witness to Alison saying, "I do" to David. We partied hard all night long. I saw sevendust in concert. That concert changed my life. There is nothing more authentic ... more moving and awe inspiring than a live band playing acoustic tunes.

I completed my best year of teaching yet. And I say that with confidence - because the year before it (and this year so far) have paled in comparison. I worked yet another summer with some of the best darn gals I know. I appreciated every genuine moment spent with them ... ever laugh and heart to heart rendered. I blogged for 30 days about happiness, and in fact ... discovered what happiness truly is.

I celebrated the Fourth of July with my best friends. The most memorable Fourth to date. I celebrated my 26th birthday with dear friends. I saw Boyz II Men in concert. I had the BEST birthday happy hour at Seasons 26. Truly the best. To date. Heck - my entire birthday weekend was the best birthday celebration to date.

I enjoyed celebrating KC's bachelorette weekend and watched as she said, "I Do" to Matt. I attended Robyn's wedding and watched as she too said, "I do."

I participated in the Cherry Blossom 5K and the Lozilou Mud Run. I started my fifth year of teaching. I went to a girl's labor day beach weekend with my best friends. Had the time of our lives.

Attended multiple NFL games. Only remembered some of them. O:)

Went to the Big Reel Fish concert. Attended my first hockey game. Celebrated the purchase of Al & Dave's new home. Celebrated the engagement of my bestest friend Kat to John. Joined with Alison to throw a killer engagement party. Ran the Across the Bridge 10K run. By myself.

I purchased my FIRST CAR! A 2015 Toyota Corolla. I finished literally my first half of graduate school (7 classes so far to be exact).

Hosted my first Thanksgiving. 18 people in attendance. Went snowboarding for the second time. Hosted Christmas Eve. Met a new guy. Went to the beach Christmas weekend. And now I prepare to celebrate yet another New Year's Eve with wonderful friends.

This year has been no less than incredible. I feel so humbled. So blessed. I have wonderful friends. I have a warm, loving family. A career that I love <most days> and an education that I am enthralled by. I have a feeling that 2015 will be no less than fantastic! Another year of growth, blessings and lessons. I cannot wait to see what's in store for the new year. The journey I am on is ever surprising ...but that's part of the fun!

2 comments:

  1. What a year 2014 has been for you! :) Wishing you an amazing 2015 dear sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to more mistakes, more exciting adventures, and more of embracing the what is. :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete