6.12.2011

As We Go On ...

I have been an extremely busy gal as I have been closing out my first year of teaching! Last week was the last full week of school, and there were many reading and math assessments to administer/complete. I had to begin packing up my classroom, as I will not be a teacher at this same school next year. I had the opportunity to attend a happy hour with the new teachers I will be working with at a new school; and I dined with several college girlfriends on the other respective nights. I got drinks with high school friends on Friday and attended one of my college girlfriends bridal showers yesterday. I also finally signed the lease for my new condo! Wow ... all I can say is I have truly been a busy girl.

Here are some photo memories of the past couple of days:


Three of our coworkers threw us a beautiful good-bye party. The cake pictured above shows the six teachers who lost jobs at our current school. We represent some of the youngest, most enthusiastic and dedicated teachers at our current school.


We even received parting gifts! Thank you Shannel and Allyson for this event <3


My favorite WM teachers and friends! We are taking a week vacation to the bahamas this Friday to enjoy one last hoorah together ... considering none of us will be working at the same schools next year.


Last Thursday, our students threw us a surprise going away party! 


I will truly miss teaching at WM and being a member of their staff. More importantly, I will miss my students and all of the wonderful people I have become friends with. What an ending to a crazy first year of teaching!


Beginning to pack up my life ... my classroom ... my first year of teaching :(


This is A LOT of work!

We have exactly 3 and a 1/2 days of school left! The countdown begins now! I am heading into work today to continue packing up my classroom. I have finished my report card comments ... and I will do grades tomorrow. I am finished with all of my IEP meetings ... yaaahoooo! Thursday we have a staff lunch at Guapos after we put the kids on the bus for summer vacation :o) Friday morning at 9:00am I will be on a plane headed to the Bahamas with the girls pictured above! I cannot believe this year went by SOOO fast and that my first year of teaching is officially completed. It has come to an end. I am no longer a rookie rookie ... just a rookie. I have grown so much as a teacher and as a person. I am incredibly thankful for this year and I cannot wait to see what new memories and experiences next year will hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment