What a crazy ride my life has been. I feel like I NEVER have time to write anymore ... and when I do, I am too tired to put my thoughts down on paper. So much has happened lately that I am not even sure where to begin in regards to updating you all on my life.
On June 16th, school ended and I could proudly say that I had just finished my first year of teaching! It is CRAZY to think my first year has gone by so fast! It is even crazier to think about the successes and challenges I have accomplished, endured and overcome throughout the course of this year. It was incredibly hard saying good bye to my students. I cried and cried and cried. I cannot believe not only that I have to say goodbye to my little angels, but that I will not be in the same building with them next year to check up on their progress.
It was an INCREDIBLE experience working with these little ones. I had the good fortune of teaching ten students over the course of this past year with a variety of strengths and weaknesses. Each of my students had a disability that kept them from being able to participate fully in the general education classrooms. All of my students were one if not more grade levels below in reading, writing and mathematics. In addition, several of my students had some severe behaviors that kept them from being able to participate even in our self-contained special education classroom. Regardless, I laughed, cried and grew with this group of students. Not every moment was great ... I had my fair share of challenges, but I would not change a thing looking back on it all. These little ones have touched my life FOREVER and I owe everything that I learned and accomplished within my first year to each and every one of them. I will carry the memory of them with me forever. My only hope is that everyone they encounter loves them at least half as much if not more than I loved them <3

No comments:
Post a Comment