I am so sorry for abandoning you ... but life has been busy, busy, busy! I have been meaning to write, however I have had no inspiration. Truthfully, that's a GOOD thing! The times I am most compelled to write are when things are going wrong in my life. Of late, life has been pretty good :o) I am counting my blessings on that note too -- I am so grateful for less craze.
In efforts to spark my creative juices, I took a walk down blogger lane today revisiting some of my old posts. And I came across this entry ... posted about a year ago ...
Life Lessons at 25
Although I am months away from my 26th birthday, this year has taught me many life lessons. This year has been anything but easy. I have laughed and I have cried. I have lived and I have regretted. I have loved and I have hurt. But through all of the ups and downs of this year, I have most importantly learned valuable lessons that are changing the way I behave and think about things. So in reflection of the lessons learned, and in preparation for what is to come, I present to you what this year's experiences have taught me.
- Be honest and direct. It'll save you the trouble of anything, later.
- Say what you mean. Mean what you say. See number two for clarification.
- Instead of waiting for the man of your dreams to find you, live a life that will bring you two together.
- Live your life. To the fullest. Live it as you see fit or BEST.
- Take advantage of opportunities given to you. You're lucky if the opportunity comes around a second time, after you've missed it the first.
- No one likes to have games. Or to have games played with them. Especially when dating.
- Let go. Let God. Worrying only gives you a stomach ulcer.
What are the odds that I wrote about this VERY thing almost a year ago. I have worked tirelessly at living my life to the fullest and the way I see fit. I've been taking advantage of ALL opportunities. And most importantly ... my resolution for 2015 ... to let go and let God.
I continue to struggle with worrying. More specifically becoming anxious and worrisome over situations beyond my control. Nonetheless ... I am SO very blessed and SO very fortunate to have had a year to grow, mature, and really put these life lessons to practice. These life lessons have become my core values ... my mantras ... and I think they are excellent ones at that.
If you are reading this, I hope some of these lessons make an impact on you ... whether it be new learning or reinforcement that those concepts are the things that matter. YOU reading this are important and wise - and I wish you the VERY best this year! What life lessons have you been learning?
It is so important to always continue learning throughout life.
ReplyDelete