8.13.2014

Taking Back Charge

I am feeling pretty low this evening. I originally felt an urge to bare my soul in this blog post. To pour out all of my emotions and feelings onto this page. But then I remembered that I made a vow to myself in July to 'be happy'. To find something beautiful in each day. And it became immediately clear that instead of sulking - I should find a few things to share that brought joy to my heart today.

So what made me happy?

  • sitting with Kelly and Meghan during ILT today
  • participating in the ILT meeting today
  • the gorgeous 'fall-like' weather 
  • text messages from my best friend Kitty
  • hearing from [and reconnecting with] old friends from high school
    • even though we were unable to sync schedules
  • a home cooked meal for dinner
  • walking around the perimeter of the newest elementary school in the county with my momma, feeling the cool, crisp, breeze in my hair 
  • coming home to a clean house 



I am taking back charge of my happiness today ... are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment