4.15.2014

Dreams

This year is no where near done. My twenty-fifth year of life that is. Yet it has been one of the most profound and significant years of my life. I have learned more than I could have ever imagined I would. And I have grown in more ways than I could have even foreseen. I am changing everyday. Evolving into more of the person I am supposed to be. That I want to be. And I am so grateful, so incredibly grateful for each experience. Each awakening. Every moment that I feel alive.

I am so incredibly grateful for each person I hold near and dear in my life. You encourage me to be my best self. To figure out who I am and to do it on purpose. You open my eyes to realities I never saw before. You challenge me to reach for the sky and to celebrate the victory of only making it to the stars. Each one of you has made me a better person. Over the course of this year of my life.

Each success. Each trial. Each laugh and each tear. All lead me down the road, to being exactly who I am supposed to be (and to exactly where I am supposed to be).

As I listen to John Legend on repeat, and watch the cold rain sprinkle from the gray sky ... I look up to the heavens and give thanks. I give thanks for this journey I have been on. It has not always been easy, but it sure has been worth it. As I hit repeat to the song entitled, Dream, one more time ... I take comfort in knowing that everything is going to be okay. Everything will play out exactly as it should.

I often waste so much time worrying about things beyond my control ... but in this moment of time ... I am letting go. I am letting go of my worries and fears. I am at peace. I am happy. I am grateful. And I am meditating on opening up my heart to new beginnings and new possibilities. As I always tell my girlfriends ... Everything happens for a reason. What's meant to be will be. And as long as I am happy in this moment, who cares how exactly I am living my life.

What is supposed to be in the end, will be. And for right now, I am okay with that.


2 comments: