4.20.2014

Happy Easter

I forget where I read this ... or who wrote it. 

But I stumbled across this in my draft emails tonight and I thought it was an excellent reminder of why we should be grateful for every moment, good or bad in our lives, and why we should trust that God's plan is far greater than any plan we could ever have for ourselves.
I am glad to see 2013 go, but I am so thankful for God’s faithfulness and provision every day of that year. I learned so much. I didn’t always like God’s plan for teaching me His truths, and honestly, I often failed to understand why things had to happen the way they did. But I can also say with assurance that God was with me every step of the way – and His presence was more than enough to get me through it all. 
Still, I am excited about a fresh start, a brand new set of days overflowing with new dreams and unmarked possibilities, but I also know this year is crammed full of the unknown as well as a giant or two. 
I am not a fan of giants, and if I am brutally honest, I have to admit that the unknown fashions a pocket of fear in my heart where questions and doubts thrive. I don’t know whattomorrow holds but I do know that I have to face that fear and refuse to let it take up residence in my heart and mind. 
The good news is what lies ahead is no surprise to God. In fact, He has already been where you and I are going. That reason alone empowers us to face every tomorrow with hope, knowing that whatever touches us passes through His hands, with His permission. 
It is not God’s plan for us to dwell in fear or for fear to rule our lives. He has already set in motion the defeat and fall of every giant we will ever face. Our responsibility is to step through our fear, facing every giant in God’s power and with His promises. The Holy Spirit will guide the path of His truth to its destined mark, taking down the giants lurking in the shadows of every tomorrow. 
He is the same yesterday, today and forever! The days ahead are saturated with the memory of Goliath’s fall when one very unlikely shepherd boy chose to put his trust in Almighty God, the Giant Killer. We can make that same choice.
Happy Resurrection Sunday! I hope you had a blessed Easter with your family! 

1 comment: