12.03.2012

Thoughts About New Year's Resolutions

Holy Moly! I cannot believe December is here! Where has the year gone? I was going through previous blog entries, and made my way back to entries from around this time last year. What an experience to read your old entries and reflect on the place you were in life at that point in time. What an incredible journey to go through the year, and reflect on how much your life has changed. Where you are standing now in time. This year has been a crazy one. I have gone through some rough times on all counts. I have found strength in places I did not know it could reside. I have learned so much about myself as a person. Funny to think that I once thought I truly knew myself, knew what I was made of and in what direction I was headed in life. Granted - that was the twenty-one year old me. At age twenty-four, life has such a different meaning.

It may be corny, but I am already putting thought into what my new year's resolutions will be for the upcoming year. I looked at my entry from last year, and I have unfortunately realized that none of those resolutions played out as I had hoped. But the teacher in me says that I get an "A" for effort. I attempted each resolution and succeeded in part, and for that I am content. The real question is ... as I reflect on my past year of life and experiences ... what are the goals and resolutions that I want to set for myself in 2013? What new bars of achievement and growth do I want to attain or strive to reach? I will be giving this much thought in the upcoming weeks ... I want 2013 to be a great year! I want to be purposeful about the way I live my life and the way I honor God. I want to continue to blossom in the young lady God has intended for me to be.

Stay tuned for my resolutions ... And starting thinking about yours. ;)

P.S. My very first Christmas tree is up and decorated! I am beginning to get into the Christmas spirit!


8 comments:

  1. I love your tree! It's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love! I *borrowed* some ornaments from my parent's house and waalaaah! My very first Christmas tree :o)

      Delete
  2. I like looking back as well. It does really put things into perspective and does show how much we've changed. I really can't believe it's almost the end of 2012!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Time has surely flown :) However I am looking forward to the near year!

      Delete
  3. Welcome Ochi! I love getting new followers :o) I will definitely check out your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting and leaving such a sweet comment girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started thinking about my new years resolutions too!

    ReplyDelete