I have lots of scattered, mismatched thoughts in my head this morning. As I went about my day today, I had several moments where I thought a loud: "That would make a GREAT blog post." Of course I can remember none of those terrific posts ideas now.
I have had a doozy of a work week. You would think that adults would act grown up and be adult like. You would think that they all get along and that drama no longer exists when you are in a professional work arena. WRONG. The amount of drama in our elementary school is enough to make a highly viewed reality TV show. I did not think that I would make it out of this week alive. But by the grace of God, I did.
The highlight of my teach week? This little gem right here:
That in itself is an entirely different post.
So some of these scattered, mistmatched thoughts relate to friendships, love and being 20 something. I went out to happy hour yesterday with my coworkers. We were celebrating the 30th birthday of one of the girls. She thought it would be fun, for each of us to wear a sign that describes where we are in life right now. This was the sign that I got to rock:
I love the sign and it was funny to wear. But it got me thinking - so many girls that I work with or that I am friends with have been getting engaged and/or planning their upcoming weddings the past few weeks. While I am excited for them and their new futures, it also makes me realize - we are officially getting "old." My peers are getting engaged and married on purpose. Furthermore, I am still single. I am in no rush to settle down ... but it sure does get you thinking about your prince charming ... when he is coming ... if it will happen.
I think I'll leave this post with this:
"Being single does not mean no one wants you, it just means that God is busy writing your love
story."
And with that, now I will go to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment