When we see men of a contrary character, we should turn inward and examine ourselves.– Confucius
Often when the actions or behaviors of others bother us, it’s a reflection of something we are wrestling with about ourselves. We tend to see a mirror image of our struggles in someone else. If we acknowledge and address this, especially to ourselves, we won’t project our battles onto others. It’s interesting when we dig deep and ask ourselves what’s bothering us. Sometimes, what we find is quite interesting.
Goal: What quality or characteristic of a friend or family member has been driving you crazy? Think about how it might be more related to you than you realized and just start working on it.
My brother is incredibly selfish and it drives me crazy!
ReplyDeleteLately I've found myself become so angry with others for various things. Some of the things are probably things I dislike within myself. This post brought that very fact to my attention. Hard pill to swallow but I am so glad I did!
Delete