On Friday (day 29) I slept in and visited with my momma at her workplace. She allowed be to borrow some teaching materials for my kindergarten friends. I picked up some chic-fil-a for lunch and worked at my job until about 5pm. I called up my sister and one of my best friends to go see Gone Girl and we ended our night with dinner at the Corner Bakery. It was the perfect, low-key way to celebrate Halloween as a twenty-six year old. And I would not have it any other way. We laughed and laughed and laughed ... and I must say, I am grateful for the friends you can have deep belly ache laughs with. There is no better feeling and it's one I will not take for granted.
On Saturday (THE HAPPY THIRTY) I slept in late again and spent my morning cuddled on my couch. At some point, I decided to get up and start my day. I ran to the bank and took care of some plans for Thanksgiving (guess who is hosting this year). Then I went to the mall with my momma and my sister. We did some shopping for a birthday gift for my dad. I scooped up a couple of new wardrobe pieces for myself. Then we went to dinner with Dad at Coastal Flats (yummy). We had a great time and ended up coming back to my place to fellowship for a little while. I ended my night by going over to Natasha's house and hanging out with her husband and their friends. What a group! I have not laughed SO hard for hours on end, in so long. The boys were so fun and kept a smile on my face until 2AM in the morning.
I am so glad I decided to do the Happy 30 again! I feel like myself again and I recognize that I am truly blessed. I am looking forward to entering the holiday season .... who knows what blessings are in store for the remainder of the year!
I love being able to sleep in, it's glorious!
ReplyDelete