Today is a HUGE day in the life of one of my best friends!
The day of her baby shower has finally arrived!
The day of her baby shower has finally arrived!
Natasha and I have been best friends since elementary school. We met in Mrs. Byrd's third grade class, when our desks were placed next to one another. My first memory of Natasha was her running around the recess playground, in 36 degree weather, in a pair of shorts. I distinctly remember her saying, "It's not cold outside!" The rest of us wearing hats, mittens, scarves and heavy winter coats must have been crazy, right? Ha Ha!
We continued to stay close friends throughout the years! We enjoyed several sleepovers together at one another's houses. We joined the same girl scout troop, and remained in it third grade through senior year of high school. We played on the same soccer and basketball teams. We ran track together and played field hockey together. We were so different, yet we enjoyed each other's company.
Natasha and I went on to graduate high school and attend the same college together.
We decided our freshman year of college to live in different dorms, in the hopes that we would meet new people and expand our circle of friends. We kind of did that ... we met knew people (i.e. our roommates). However, we managed to bring our roommates together and hang out at the same gatherings every single weekend.
We played rugby together in college. We attended all of those rugby parties together.
We even moved in together for junior and senior year of college.
Natasha and I have been out of college now for almost four years. We have watched one another go through first loves, heartbreaks and failed attempts at dating. And now I have witnessed her get pregnant and married with her first child!
I am so excited to spend this afternoon with family and friends ... celebrating Momma-to-be and baby-to-be. You truly know you're getting old when your friends begin to get married and have babies on purpose. We are definitely not little kids on the playground anymore, but I am excited to be a part of this baby's life and to watch Natasha easily fall into the role as a mom!












Oh how wonderful!!! :) Enjoy the day with friends and family.
ReplyDelete