In honor of it being the 15th day of November,
and recently posting ten things that I am thankful for, here are five
MORE things that I am truly thankful for too:
My car. It's an old hoopty, but my Sophie
baby <I named her for her gray mousey color> is
still full of life. Just recently she started making crazy weird noises. It
sounded like a shovel dragging on the ground, underneath my car. I traded
vehicles with my dad for an evening, and being the wonderful father and
mechanic that he is, he quickly identified that my front break pads were worn
out. So he immediately placed a parts order and plans to fix Sophie today! This
car is my lifeline. She gets me from point A to point B every day. In fact,
she's been supporting my travels and getting me to places safely since 2008.
Times are hard monetarily, and I truly do not have money to purchase a new car.
So I am prayerful that Sophie will continue to last and grind until I am in a
position where I can afford to purchase a new vehicle. Until then, I will treat
Sophie like the queen that she is!
Living on my own. It's been a blessing
to live on my own for the past two years, in my OWN apartment! There are
challenges that have come with this new experience (i.e. trying to balance
paying my bills and having a life) but I LOVE my little home. It's my favorite
place to retreat to at night. And I love the layout, appliances and decor! God
truly had a dream bigger than what I had for myself when he blessed me with
this place. The story of how this brand new, never been lived in before,
apartment fell into my life is truly a testament of "what God has for you,
is for YOU." I praise God everyday for my humble abode. And I am trying to
cherish every moment of this living experience and opportunity, because one day
I may fall in love again, get married and start a family. If those things come
to pass, I will never again be able to enjoy the sacredness of a space/place
being entirely yours.
My brother. Tony is one of the coolest
kids I know. I admire his passion for soccer and skateboarding. His
independence. His individuality. His love of music and all things
philosophical. His sense of humor. His lack of rhythm. His compassion for
others. His innocence. And his slug like pace at life. Tony is one of a kind
and I am so thankful that he is my brother, to tease and joke with, to have
deep serious conversations with, and to have my back if I were to ever need it.
Stacy Whipp. She is one of the first
people I met when I began my teaching career. In fact, she IS the first
person I met at WMES. Over the past four years, she has become one of my
dearest girlfriends. She is the older sister that I never had. She's someone
who I can always have a good laugh or a good cry with. She listens and
understands. She always gives great advice. She is funny and spunky and upbeat.
We love to go dancing or drinking or shopping - regardless of the activity,
it's always a great time! She's been there fore me during some of my darkest
hours throughout my teaching career, always to pick me back up when I didn't
think I could last another day in this profession. I am beyond thankful for her
and I truly believe God crossed our paths for a reason!
My sister Michelle. We do not always see eye to eye. We often get on one
another's nerves. However I am truly grateful for this young lady. She has a
great sense of humor - most of the time - and keeps the atmosphere light
<sometimes> ha-ha. She has good fashion sense and an impeccable ability
for creating art. She puts of with my shenanigans (all of them) and is always
cheering me on as I pursue new endeavors in life. It's great to know that one
day we will raise our children together, and that no matter what happens, we
will always be there for one another. There's no greater gift then a sister
having a sister to grow old with.
No comments:
Post a Comment